Thread: UL Power 350iS Installation Overview (Video)

UL Power 350iS Installation Overview (Video)

Here is an overview of the installation of the 350iS. The video is not a detailed installation video, but is meant as a general overview and discusses the fuel, oil, and electrical system. I am limited to 15 minutes on YouTube so not every single detail is discussed.

Hopefully this video helps you by giving you an up close look at the engine and it's components. Sometimes a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words and that's why I made this video. Every time Zenith posts a video with the Cruzer cowling removed, I watch it frame by frame trying to see how they mounted things. Your feedback is appreciated. Log into the forums and leave comments or questions in this thread please.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin
    Price's Airpark, Linden, MI (9G2)
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer

Mark, here is an idea / solution for your firewall pass-thru and throttle cable...

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...lickkey=120676

They work great!!

Dave

Dave,

I don't see how that part is any different that what I have? It swivels, but it still has a hole that I can't fit the end of the cable through, unless I buy it with a larger hole to fit the end, but then the hole will be too big for the cable.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin

Mark, The clamp is made of two hemispherical halves drilled for various cable sizes. Order for the diameter of your cable housing for clamping function. The hemispheres fit into a shell you install on the firewall and are retained with the large nut into the shell (much like a bulkhead fitting against a firewall) If you ever need to remove your cable, it is as simple as loosening the nut and removing the hemispheres. Also, when you tighten the retaining nut on the hemispheres, you can set the angle of the cable thru the firewall, it becomes fixed at that particular angle. Look around, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what you would want. I went with Aluminum, but they are available in stainless steel as well. HTH Dave

Nice job on the video by the way...

AH then that would work perfect! Thanks for the link-I will buy one and report back.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin

Hi Mark, Just signed up. Nice site sir! Trying to decide engine choice for Cruzer. Floats down the road so the extra push from the UL would be nice. My concern is fuel return from the engine. Are you using a sump system like shown in the UL installation manual or some how returning fuel to tanks? Zenith install info shows return line to firewall then nothing else!
    Would appreciate your thoughts in this matter. Thankyou Wayne McCosker Klnl

The fuel lines run from the firewall to the Andair fuel selector and then from there back to the fuel tanks. I believe this is shown in the video, although I do not yet have the fuel lines installed that go between the firewall and the fuel selector.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin

Ok then I assume the return fuel is under pressure to be able to return fuel back to wing tanks is that correct? Going against gravity? Sorry for my limited knowledge in this matter, Wayne

Yes, the whole system is pressurized and forces fuel back to the tanks. It's a simple system but you just have to plan the routing of your fuel lines.
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin

Here is part two of my UL Power 350iS install. The installation is complete and after this video was made, I finished up a few details and actually started and ran the engine! It ran great and is actually very quiet. I had to change the settings in the Dynon EFIS for the RPM. I started making a video of the things I finished up like installing the muffler heat and a couple of other small items, but I accidentally erased all of the footage of the engine running! Since I've changed the RPM setting in the Dynon, I do want to start it again just to check it all out. When I do, I'll make another video so you can see it running.

Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin